Tay Ninh Master Plan 2020 and Vision for 2050, Vietnam
The Vietnamese town of Tay Ninh lies close to the border of Cambodia. Hansen Partnership, in association with the Southern Architecture Centre (VIAP), were engaged to prepare a master plan to the year 2050.
Following extensive research, stakeholder consultations and field work, the consultant team prepared a research report outlining current and future growth and development trends, a comprehensive SWOT analysis of the town and its rural hinterland as well as identification of key issues influencing future investment opportunities, protection of the environment and enhanced community well-being.
The master plan was underpinned by the following principles:
- effective and efficient management of the urban environment with adequate social and physical infrastructure
- focus on regional and local tourism and education and training facilities
- economic development in line with traditional local enterprises
- medical and health facilities
- spatial planning in an orderly and staged manner.
Options or scenarios for future growth were then identified based on the Eco²City approach being promoted by the World Bank and other international aid agencies. From these options a preferred option which included a major urban growth corridor was identified by the consultant team and further refined in consultation with the client to ensure that Tay Ninh town developed as a clean green urban oasis. The preferred option adopts a compact, contained approach to future urban development within well defined township boundaries.