Hoa Lac High Tech Park, Vietnam
Hansen was engaged by the Vietnam Institute of Architecture and Urban Planning (VIAP) to prepare an urban design concept plan for the new town centre within the Hoa Lac High Tech Park in Hanoi.
Thorough research and analysis was undertaken to identify the opportunities and international technical design standards for the new town centre forming the basis of the following principles for the future development of the town centre:
- Establish a clear urban structure that allows for town centre growth
- Support a wide mix of different land uses and activities that ensure a lively urban setting
- Create an interesting build form that clearly announces a town centre
- Create a particularly enticing landscape and environment setting that promotes sustainability
- Facilitate clear networks for access and movement that will result in an efficient working town centre.
These features of the town centre will be supported a variety of hard and soft landscape spaces evenly distributed across the centre, including a centrally located main town park.