Hansen – Melbourne Office
Hansen Partnership is an award-winning consultancy offering expertise in landscape architecture, urban design and urban planning. Part of our business is understanding what places work for people.
We are currently looking for a highly talented Landscape Architect to join the design team in our Melbourne office.
As a medium sized company of around 40 staff with offices in Melbourne and Vietnam, we are a tight knit team of fun, friendly and focused people who regularly work across disciplines to deliver successful and compelling solutions for our clients.
You will be responsible for a wide range of landscaping projects including streetscape concept design, open space and playground design, infrastructure design (road, bridges, cycle facilities), civic plazas and pedestrian spaces, landscape reports and proposals (national and international).
Your duties will include:
- Research, analysis and Design of functional, spatial, commercial, cultural, safety and aesthetic urban design and landscape architecture projects.
- Liaise with other professionals and clients to determine design requirement and recommendations.
- Involvement with team workload planning, project management and business development.
- Preparation and management of master planning and concept development for a broad range of projects
- Develop project documentation including scale drawings, 3d modelling, hand sketches and artist impressions in final design outputs.
- Management and supervision of landscape works and contract administration for your projects.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- A Master of Landscape Architecture degree from a recognised Australian University or a Bachelor of Architecture degree.
- Demonstrated working experience in Landscape Architecture and Urban Design. (3+ years)
- Robust design and presentation skills and the ability to implement a design vision.
- Previous experience, or a familiarity with local and international projects on tourism master-planning, with a focus in South East Asian context.
- A proven understanding of the Victorian Planning Scheme.
- A strong experience in the use of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and MS Office Suite. 3D modelling experience (Sketchup and Rhino) is advantageous.
- Passion for high quality landscaping knowledge.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate initiatives, must have good oral and written communication skills, and must be able to work collaboratively across a multi-disciplinary team.
If you would like to apply for this position please send us your resume. Applicants can apply in confidence to the following email:
Please be advised only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.